Which subprocessors handle user data for TalkJS?
TalkJS is a European company and, by default, all user data is stored in the EU. We are fully GDPR compliant and we care deeply about the privacy of your users and the security of your data.
We use a number of cloud providers to process user data:
- All data and message data about users, conversations and messages is stored on servers inside the EU owned by DigitalOcean.
- If you enable File Transfers, then transferred files will be stored in EU-only buckets at Google Cloud Storage.
- Email notifications, if enabled, are sent through Postmark.
- SMS notifications, if enabled, are sent through either Twilio or Amazon Web Services depending on your configuration.
- Real-time-translation, if enabled, is processed by Google Cloud Translation API.
We will update this list if subprocessors change. This list was last updated on 2 November 2020.